It’s been a busy six months within Analytics Labs. Our second 2017 cohort has just completed and their showcase event took place in Manchester last week. 30 participants from 22 institutions took part this time, developing dashboards covering topics including
- Brexit planning and impact on staffing, student intake and research income
- Analysing estates data to review capital investment proposals
- Student journey tracking monitoring progression and why students don’t proceed as expected
- Postgraduate student demographics, competitors and outcomes
- Library spend and impact on National Student Survey (NSS) scores, library usage and attainment
This takes us up to 54 participants from 42 institutions participating in Analytics Labs this year.
Slides from the event, and video walkthroughs of some of the dashboards produced will be available soon.
Building on the success of Analytics Labs to date, we’re moving on to the next stage of dashboard delivery through a new initiative known as Community Dashboards to drive the release of Analytics Labs dashboards through Heidi Plus. This will involve the creation of an experts group for which we will be looking for previous Analytics Labs participants together with expert users of the Heidi Plus service and senior staff representing functional areas.
More on recruitment for this group will be posted here soon – it is planned for the first meeting to take place in September 2017.